Your Travel in Europe by Countess Connections
Let our onsite travel agency, Countess Connections assist you in designing a truly special, bespoke trip in France and in Europe. We will also handle all the details and coordination, so that you can do all the enjoying ! Leave the details and coordination to us, so that you can do all the enjoying ! Escape the crowds as you enjoy our behind the scene and after-hours accesses to major museums and châteaux, benefit from private VIP invitations, discover hidden gems and fine addresses only a “local” would know … All with smooth, luxurious transfers and engaging, expert guides.
Our knowledgeable English speaking chauffeur transfers and guides will make your travels easy, whichever region of France or European country you are visiting. Or perhaps you prefer a more independent journey driving the luxury car rental of your choice? And discovering some unique, smaller, elegant hotels which truly reflect the local culture without compromising on state of the art comfort.
Countess de Vanssay has in depth experience working as the onsite agent for the best travel American agencies (Largay, Ker & Downey, Harrison Travel, Valerie Wilson …). Born in America, educated in Italy and Switzerland, and having lived in the United Kingdom and Germany as well, Countess Marnie de Vanssay, provides bespoke travel experiences, during which discerning travelers enjoy the unique aspects of French and European culture – from its architecture, history, gardens, wine and craft traditions to its « art de vivre ». She prides herself in offering venues they would not otherwise have access to, be they luxurious settings, private homes or collections, or totally off the beaten track scenery and activities.
Through her numerous contacts, and those of her husband, Guy, the 20th Count de Vanssay, they are both able to offer travelers the rare opportunity to meet and spend time with the often colourful owners of grand historic houses and chateaux, as well as after hour access to museums and events in a totally exclusive manner.
Their fifteen years experience in the travel industry, and their life-long knowledge of France and Europe, enables them to provide the highest level of personalized service as well as unique and creative insider tips.
Similar private visits of the grand historic houses of Britain can be arranged via our partner, Alessandra Messervy, THE ENGLISH MANNER.
- Wine tours in the Loire, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Alsace or Champagne as well as Tuscany and Piedmont.
- WW1 and WW2 battlefields in the Somme, Meuse or Normandy.
- Discovering France from the dramatic scenery of the Dordogne down to the impregnable Cathare fortresses, or the prize winning gardens of Normandy, Brittany and the Loire, with of course all the famous châteaux.
- Exploring colourful Provence with the best of all guides, and swimming off a fisherboat in the turquoise blue waters of the Calanques. Relaxing on the Riviera from Monaco to St Tropez, perhaps on a luxurious yacht.
- Visiting Paris with a private guide in a vintage car and touring museums with top arts experts. Escaping the crowds thank to after hour private private visits of the Opéra Garnier, Versailles and the Invalides. Indulging in special foodie tours followed by a cooking class or enjoying a treasure hunt of the best shops of the “Marché aux Puces” or the Marais, before cruising down the Seine into the sunset on a Riva boat or being hosted by Count de Vinols to a private dinner in his grand Parisian apartment.
- Private VIP invitations to chateaux and castles being personally hosted by their owners.
- Extending your stay in Europe with a trip into Switzerland to ride on their Glacier Express trains, down to Italy and its’ Northern lakes, Venice, Tuscany, Rome or Capri and the Amalfi cost. Private visits of Palazzi around Lake Como and Lake Garda, after hours VIP tours of the Doges Palace in Venice, the Vatican in Rome or La Scala in Milan. Or hop on the Eurostar up to London for a private viewing of the Crown Jewels and Kensington Palace. Or spend Christmas in Salzburg and Prague …
- The possibilities and combinations are endless …