Access and itinerary
Pays de la Loire – West France – Loire Valley
For your reservations, you can contact the Count and Countess of Vanssay
Château de La Barre
F-72120 CONFLANS SUR ANILLE PAYS DE LA LOIRE /Western France
Email : email@example.com
Tel / Fax : + 33 2 43 35 00 17
- Between Dover/Folkestone and Calais put the car on the train (30 min) with Eurotunnel
- Ferries from the United Kingdom to Calais, Caen, Le Havre, Cherbourg, St Malo Dinand with P&O or Britanny Ferries: poferries.com, brittany-ferries.fr
- GPS : 47.9482585 – 0.74902296
From Paris, take the A11 towards Bordeaux/Nantes, exit La Ferté Bernard. Follow the D1 towards St. Calais. Cross the villages of Lamnay, Vibraye and Berfay. After 5.5 km from Berfay, before arriving in St. Calais, turn right directly at the exit of the D1 into the entrance of the castle. Do NOT turn down to Conflans.
From Rouen, take the A28 towards Le Mans, exit Le Mans Est, just after the junction with the Tours/Blois motorway. Take the St Calais exit, drive about 30 km to St Calais. In St Calais, turn left at the first and second traffic lights, then straight ahead at the third traffic lights, on the D1 towards Vibraye. After 2.5 km, turn left directly into our castle property path. Don’t turn to Conflans
In France, on Sundays and bank holidays, petrol is only available at petrol stations on the main highways!
Similarly in France, in the countryside, restaurants are open for lunch from 12pm to 1.30pm and from 7pm to 9pm.
Optional airport transfers and English-speaking driver service available on request at an extra charge. Guy and Marnie de Vanssay will be happy to help you organize your transfers/transports to Château de La Barre and adapt your tourist visit to your interests. We speak fluent English and German.
By the TGV train
- High-speed TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Vendôme Villiers with SNCF or also to Le Mans.
Paris to Vendôme is 42 minutes away with the TGV, ans Paris to le Mans 53 mn.There is also a direct TGV a few times a day directly from Paris CDG airport to Le Mans. And also from Lyon, Lille and Avignon. Vendôme is 30 minutes drive from Chateau de la Barre, and Le Mans 45 minutes.
- Rental cars :
Car rental available at both Vendôme and Le Mans stations. At Le Mans, we can arrange a rental of an automatic Audi of your choice with GPS, available for pick up and drop off also on weekends when normal rental agencies are closed. This Audi can also be delivered directly to our chateau, to be waiting for you upon arrival.
From the airport
The most practical airport remains CDG Charles de Gaulle by Paris.
- Tours: direct flights from London Stansted to Tours tours.aeroport.fr. Car rental at Tours airport. There are also flights from London to Nantes airport.
- Airport Shuttle for transfer to and from Charles de Gaulle Roissy airport to Montparnasse station.
- Chauffeur transfers :
Chauffeur transfers from the airport directly, from Paris city and from the various train stations can all be arranged for you.