The following Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made on this website. We kindly ask that you take a moment to read them prior to making a Booking, as all bookings made imply consent with these terms & conditions.
The Booking/ Reservation/ Event: Means the reservation and other facilities for a given date.
The Charge: Means the total cost payable for all facilities requested by the client, inclusive of VAT.
The Guest : Means the person, client or organisation by which the reservation is made.
The Contract: Means the agreement between Chateau de la Barre and the Guest for the hire of the room or the chateau accommodation
The Château : The owners of Chateau de la Barre, 72120 Conflans sur Anille, France
1. You can make your booking by phone on +33 2 43 35 00 17 or + 33 6 27 17 42 13 or online at www.chateaudelabarre.com or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. Please be aware that in the time period between an enquiry being made and an actual booking being made, the availability may change and this can incur change in the original price.
3. Your reservation is personal to you and you are responsible for making any amendments to it.
4. If you are making a reservation on behalf of someone else you must state his or her full, correct name. We will require their full address and contact details.
5. If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking and you will be required to follow the group reservation terms and conditions stated below.
6. Please inform Château de la Barre when booking of any special requirements, to enable us to meet your needs.
7. You are advised at the time of booking to make prior reservations for both dining, supper and picnic arrangements, to avoid disappointment upon arrival.
8. All bookings will remain provisional until confirmed either by credit card (Visa or Mastercard, with expiry date and security digits in the back), fax or email confirmation for account holders or by deposit payment for group reservations by bank transfer, (bank fees paid by guest).
9. When your booking has been confirmed, Château de la Barre will then send out a final confirmation .
10. Chateau de la Barre reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
1. All published rates are priced per room per night and include Value Added Tax & Services.
2. Any meals, service or VAT (at the current rate) are included only if specified.
3. Price lists for additional items, such as Dinners, Suppers, Picnics, Wine, Champagne, liquor, laundry, transfer services, etc… are available on request.
4. A minimum length of stay, deposit, cancellation charge and other conditions may apply to certain rates, as specified.
5. The VAT/TVA breakdown shown is indicative based on the current rate of VAT/TVA, and the expected VAT/TVA treatment of the goods and services, and may change depending on the actual tax point of the invoice, and the VAT/TVA treatment of the goods and services purchased at that date.
6. You will be asked to provide a credit card at the time of the booking to secure their reservation. Where a deposit or full payment is required in advance, by booking, you are authorizing the debiting of the card provided.
7. Although payment is generally required on departure, there may be occasions when the guests are required to fully prepay or provide a deposit at the time of the booking or, on arrival at The Chateau.
8. Chateau de la Barre accepts the following methods of payment: Cash Euros (for non pre-payable bookings), cheque, bank transfer (must be pre-paid) & credit/ debit Cards MasterCard and Visa.
9. All cheques received, as deposits must have the guest’s address and cheque guarantee number on the back. Chateau de la Barre must also receive cheques within time to be cleared by the Chateau’s bank, a minimum of 45 days prior guest’s arrival date.
10. The Guest must pay all outstanding charges on departure from the Château.
11. The Chateau reserves the right to charge the client’s credit card with any unpaid charges discovered after the client has checked out.
1. Whilst the hotel will do its best to accommodate increased guest numbers, it can only do so, within the constraints of its facilities. Any increase in numbers shall be charged at the Hotels Standard Rates.
2. The Chateau must agree any variations to the details of reservations, of any kind. Any alterations made by the client must be confirmed by letter, email or fax confirmation.
3. Where the booking permits, any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type is subject to availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change.
4. A guests’ reservation is personal and the client is responsible for making amendments to it.
5. Any price variations beyond the control of the Château (ex VAT/TVA increase) will be passed on to the Guest.
6. The Chateau reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the reservation where this is essential to the chateau operation and will endeavour to notify the guest accordingly.
1. Individual accommodation bookings must be cancelled 14 days prior to the arrival time of 3pm to avoid incurring a full payment charge. Payment will only be refunded if Chateau de la Barre is able to re-hire the facilities, at the Château’s full rack rate.
2. Any reservations cancelled prior to the cancellation period will incur a 5% booking charge to cover the charges implemented by the on-line booking engine and file processing.
3. For clients booking 3 rooms or more, please follow the group reservations terms and conditions stated below.
1. Examples – Bookings.com, Laterooms, i-castelli, Lastminute.com, Symboles de France. Please read the terms and conditions that apply on the booking site that you use, as they will vary from the Chateau’s cancellation policy.
2. Should the Guest choose to make the reservation through a third party (eg: Booking Agent), the guest remains wholly responsible for the payment of that account in the event on non-payment by that third party.
1. If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking.
2. Stage payments or payment in full prior to guest’s arrival and/or the event will be requested.
3. Please be aware that any monies paid are both non-refundable and non-transferable.
4. The Guest will be required to read, sign and return a copy of the Chateaus’ terms and conditions with the deposit payment.
5. Full payment is required 30 days prior to the arrival date at the latest, unless specified in writing otherwise. If your deposits are not received within the payment time, the Chateau reserves the right to cancel your booking. The guest will always be contacted prior to any cancellation being made.
6. The guest who makes the booking will become the group leader and is responsible for ensuring all their guests understand the Chateaus’ terms and conditions and meet the payment deadlines.
7. Any amendments must be carried out through the group leader to avoid any confusion.
8. The number of persons detailed in the confirmation represents the number to be charged for. Any increase in numbers must be with the concent of the Chateau and will be charged for at the agreed rate.
9. For any reduction in numbers in excess of 10% of the original booking, the Chateau reserves the right to collect cancellation charges.
10. A postponement of an event will be considered as a cancellation and will be liable for charges.
For Groups, Events,Conferences or Functions:
24 to 36 weeks prior 25% is due, non refundable
12 to 24 weeks prior 50% is due, non refundable
4 to 12 weeks prior 75% is due, non refundable
Less than 4 weeks prior 100% is due.
11. Château de la Barre will endeavour to mitigate any loss, but any resulting costs (eg: advertising, commissions) will be charged to the guest having cancelled.
The Chateau reserves the right to cancel any reservation under the following conditions:
a) the chateau and its booking system or any part of it is closed or overbooks rooms due to circumstances beyond its control
b) the client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership
c) if it may prejudice the reputation, or cause damage to Château de la Barre. In any of these circumstances, the Chateau will refund any advance payments, but will have no further liability to the client.
The hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking for any reason provided the guest is notified within 24 hours of that reservation being made.
1. Bedroom accommodation is guaranteed for 4pm arrival.
2. All confirmed rooms will be held for late arrival.
3. Right to refuse entry in accordance with French law:
The Chateau owner retains the right to refuse a guest entry to the chateau or to refuse accommodation if the owners are led to believe that the guest is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, is inappropriately dressed or behaves in a threatening, disturbing or otherwise unacceptable manner on arrival.
1. The Château kindly asks it’s guests to vacate their bedrooms and settle their account prior to 11 am on the day of departure.
2. Late check-out after this time can be requested subject to availability and will be charged at an hourly rate at the discretion of the hotel.
3. For guests wishing to checkout prior to 7:45am we advise you settle your account the evening prior to departure to avoid delay on the morning of departure.
1. Children are welcome, but are at all times under full parental responsibility, as regards the priceless antique furniture, the precious fabrics, the dry moat fortifications and the peace and quiet of other guests.
2. Château de la Barre declines any responsibility for accidents occurring to the child during his stay.
3. Chateau de la Barre does not provide child meals, child discounts nor cots.
4. Any damage and/or soiling caused by the child will be subject to a repair or replacement like for like charge enforced by the chateau owner
5. Should parents be unwilling or unable when asked by Chateau de la Barre owners to have behavior or activities of their child, which are unacceptable to the Chateau and perturb other guests present, the Château owners reserve the right to require them to leave. This is without refund or waiver of any monies already paid or payable.
6. Babysitting is available only if pre-booked. The rate is negotiable directly with an independant babysitter.
1. No animals are permitted into the Chateau except guide dogs. The Chateau must be informed on booking if you are bringing a guide dog with you. Any damage or soiling caused by the dog will incur a charge enforced by the Chateau owner.
1. We advise guests to take out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation and other risks including personal accident and personal public liability.
2. Chateau de la Barre reserves the right to claim against the guest for any damage, loss or injury sustained by Château de la Barre, or its employees, due to any malicious or negligent damage caused by the guest or a member of a group.
3. Chateau de la Barre holds the right to claim for any loss of business suffered by any wrongful act of the guest.
4. The guest is responsible for any damage caused to the chateau property, furnishings, fittings or equipment, or by any member of their party. Château de la Barre is entitled to require immediate payment to remedy for the damage caused and replace at cost. It is recommended that appropriate insurance is obtained to cover any liability.
5. The guest is responsible for the behavior of his and/or her guests at the chateau and in particular for the orderly conduct of guests attending any function or staying in the Chateau or otherwise making use of the services. The guest must ensure that no noise or nuisance is caused either for Château de la Barre or its other guests.
6. Should any guest be unwilling or unable when asked by Chateau de la Barre owners to cease any behavior or activities unacceptable to the Chateau, the Château owners reserve the right to require them to leave. This is without refund or waiver of any monies already paid or payable.
7. No food nor beverages may be brought into the chateau without the Château de la Barre permission.
8. No food nor beverages may be consumed in the rooms. The guest may ask for a simple table setting to be provided in the Billiard room or on the terrace, which will be subjected to a cover charge.
9. The Chateau reserves the right to charge the tariff rate for corkage on any wines or champagnes brought into the Château by the Guest.
10. The elegance of the Chateau calls for an appropriate dress code, no work clothes, or baseball caps are suitable to be worn in the chateau public areas at any time.
11. To ensure the comfort of our non smoking guests, and accordance with French law 1.01.2008, a charge of 150 euros will be applied for smoking in the chateau or on the balcony or by the window of the bedrooms.
12. Château de la Barre does not accept liability for loss or damage to any object, equipment, stock or any other property brought onto the premises by the guest or persons authorized by the Guest. Storage can be provided for the convenience of the Guests but it excludes liability for the loss or damage of those items.
13. Château de la Barre does not cover motor-cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them.
14. Château de la Barre’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this contract shall be limited to the value of the contract.
15. The French law shall govern the contract; any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
1. The Chateau shall not be liable for failure to provide or delay in providing accommodation, reception rooms, equipment, food, beverages and other facilities as a result of events out of its control. These include events arising from:
Extreme weather conditions.
Interruption or failure of electric power, gas or water.
Acts of God, including flood, fire, earthquake, windstorm or natural disaster.
Collapse of building structures, failure of equipment.
Fire, explosion or accidental damage.
Any other act or event which is beyond the Chateau’s reasonable control. strikes, industrial and social action
Postal bookings which do not reach the company
If any of the above occurs Château de la Barre will do its best to avoid any inconvenience to the guest.
1. If you have any complaint to make regarding any area of Château de la Barre you must bring it to the attention of the owners during your stay. We will then have the opportunity to rectify any problems and help ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
2. Alternatively if you wish to put your comments in writing or if you are not happy that the issue has been resolved, please send them to the Chateau de la Barre address, no later than 21 days after the completion of your stay.
While all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on this website the Chateau do not accept responsibility for errors or omissions and reserves the right to amend, cancel or vary any of the arrangements featured on this site without notice.
The content of this website is the copyright of Château de la Barre, and may not be copied, reproduced, published, distributed or amended for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
Hyperlinks to third party websites are provided for your convenience. Château de la Barre cannot accept responsibility for the content or use of third party sites.